As the holiday season approaches, a time of celebration and anticipation for the New Year, opportunities abound for lucrative ventures.
Maximizing this period, FLvibe has identified five potentially profitable businesses to consider starting during the holiday season.
- Poultry: The holiday season in Nigeria is synonymous with the consumption of chicken. Grilled, fried, or roasted, chicken is a staple during celebrations. Starting a poultry business to supply chickens for events can be a lucrative venture. Initiate conversations with potential clients well in advance of the holiday events to secure orders.
2. Decoration Services: Businesses and homes alike embrace festive decorations during Christmas and New Year celebrations. While this business may be seasonal, there is a significant demand for decoration services. Cater to businesses looking to enhance their spaces for the holidays, and tap into the market for Christmas trees and general decorations.
3. Branded Gift Items: As the year comes to a close, individuals and organizations seek to express appreciation to friends, partners, and customers. Starting a business that provides branded gift items, such as mugs, diaries, pens, with company logos, can be lucrative. Begin planning and marketing your services well in advance of the holiday season.
4. Baking & Cooking: In addition to the staple of rice and chicken during the holidays, baked goods like cakes and snacks are highly sought after. If you possess baking skills and have an eye for presentation, this business can be profitable. Consider offering a variety of products, including natural drinks and smoothies, to diversify your offerings.
5. Event Planning: The holiday season is synonymous with events, ranging from small gatherings to larger celebrations. Capitalize on the demand for event planning services. While events may vary in scale, each planning opportunity provides valuable experience for future endeavors. Establish yourself in the market and secure your first event planning job to kickstart this venture.
These business ideas cater to the increased spending that typically accompanies the holiday season, presenting entrepreneurs with opportunities to capitalize on festive traditions and market demands.