Lafarge Cement Nigeria is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
Lafarge serves Nigeria and South Africa with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job recruitment at Lafarge Cement Nigeria.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Lagos
Drive and be accountable for category performance and initiatives in own Country and others where responsibility has been assigned in the category charter. Where and when appropriate participate in regional or global category management teams representing own Country
- Participate in the management of cluster categories for the LafargeHolcim group by representing own Country in cross-functional teams with full accountability for category performance
- Develop Procurement category strategies as a member of the category management team that are integrated and aligned with overall global strategies, and with the LafargeHolcim business
- Drive the realization of savings, supply efficiency, quality, and process improvements in own and other Countries, in line with regional and global strategies.
- Identify saving opportunities and initiate individual projects and initiatives at all operational levels
- Where and when appropriate represent and serve other Countries without direct category management representation for the respective category(ies) and be accountable for delivery of savings in these and own Country
- Drive initiatives and projects, identify and remove potential barriers to success
- Ensure that local strategies are integrated and in alignment with the regional and global category approach and LafargeHolcim stakeholders.
- Align stakeholders through focused change management programs
- In line with regional and global strategies, design and execute strategic projects and targets
- Ensure the implementation and tracking of performance indicators and achieved results.
- Assume full accountability for delivering targeted bottom line results for each category
- Provide regular reports and updates to local, regional and/or global governing bodies (councils) as required
- Ensure that own Country execute the category strategy and actions as required and agreed. Where compliance is an issue, find and eliminate root causes
- Initiating and supporting the RFx processes locally as defined by strategy
- Ensure that the procurement initiatives tracking tool where implemented (PITT) is kept up-to-date for own initiatives and projects
- Where and when appropriate participate in regional or global category teams to ensure the successful implementation of strategy and achievement of targets and results.
- Where and when appropriate represent own Country as a member of the regional or global category teams (participation level determined by Country spend) to establish strategies and initiatives
Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships (internal)
- Functional and Manufacturing senior management
- Operational Management (e.g. plant managers, financial)
- Global and Zone Category Management where applicable
Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships (External)
- All local and International Suppliers
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSc./HND minimum
- Minimum 3 years in strategic procurement role (category management, sourcing) with exposure to supply chain management, complex strategic sourcing and optimal procurement processes and standards
- Demonstrated performance in working within cross-functional teams, with requisite drive and energy to ensure that a challenging benefits and capability building agenda is successfully delivered
- Engineering or Operational back ground would be advantages
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively/convincingly at all levels (including technical and operational) and with all functions at least in English
- Highly effective time management, planning and organization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and drive tasks to completion in a fixed time-frame and in a pressured environment
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and build relationships across multiple functions, countries, regions and cultures
- Demonstrated broad understanding of the content, processes and delivery channels in the field of the assigned categories
- Ability to deal with ambiguities, conflicts and adversarial relationships
- Expert negotiation skills
- Ability to assess potential and risks associated with supplier and market changes, and integrate with category and sourcing strategies
- Proven ability in analysis and interpretation of data
- Proven ability to identify problems quickly, make sound judgments, establish and implement solutions
- Fluent English( mandatory)
- Within Country where applicable and International where and when required.
Deadline: Not Specified