The Young Harris College is taking applications for the International Student Merit Awards in the United States for the 2021/22 school session.
Young Harris College is a privately-owned baccalaureate and master’s degree-granting school situated in the gorgeous mountains of North Georgia. It aims to create an academic experience that inspires scholars to embark on unexplored paths—both inside and outside of the classroom.
Worth of International Student Merit Awards at Young Harris College
International candidates are qualified for International Student Merit Awards at the College which are listed below:
Academic Merit – The Young Harris College application for admission is also the scholarship award application. Scholarship award amounts vary from $18,000 to $23,000.
Athletic – Scholarship awards are provided in men’s baseball, soccer, basketball, cross country, and golf, and women’s soccer, basketball, tennis, softball, cross country, and golf. Amounts vary based on talent.
- Please get in touch with the relevant coach if interested.
Fine Arts – Scholarship awards provided in music, theatre, art, and musical theatre by audition or portfolio and interview. Scholarship awards vary from $500 to $10,000.
Eligibility for International Student Merit Awards at Young Harris College
- International candidates with academic merit or scholars who are talent-based.
How to Apply for International Student Merit Awards at Young Harris College
For International First-Time Freshmen
- Complete the international application.
- Candidates whose native language is not English language have to submit evidence of language adeptness by submitting scores of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System.)
- The least acceptable score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is 79 (TOFEL iBT) or 550 (paper-based test). The least acceptable score on the IELTS is 6.5 or more on the academic module. An SAT Critical Reading score higher than 450 may also be substituted as the English Proficiency condition, waiving the submittal of TOEFL or IELTS scores. Successful conclusion of level 109 at an ELS Language Center is also adequate for evidence of English proficiency.
- Candidates whose native language is English language have to submit Official SAT or ACT scores. Test scores must be sent straight to Young Harris College. The College Board code for YHC is 5990. The ACT code for YHC is 0880. Usually, United States embassies and U.S. Information Services (USIS) offices have details on testing sites and dates.
- Official secondary school transcripts and/or academic records. Candidates who have finished high school in the United States will have to arrange an official copy of all transcripts to be mailed to the Office of Admissions.
For International Transfer Students
- Complete the international application.
- Foreign students who are transferring from a school in the United States with not up to 30 hours of college-level coursework will have to submit transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended, together with high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores.
- Candidates who are transferring from another college/university and have 30 or more hours of college-level coursework will be required to submit college/university transcripts, furthermore to the Student Transfer Form for all formerly attended institutions for admission deliberation.
Candidates have to complete the Student Transfer Form for all formerly attended institutions for admission deliberation.
- Transfer candidates whose native language is not English language, and who are transferring from a university outside the United States have to submit evidence of language adeptness by submitting results of TOEFL or IELTS.
- The least score for TOEFL is 79, TOFEL iBT or 550 (paper-based test). The least acceptable score on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is 6.5 or more on the academic module.
The International Student Merit Awards application closing date for the Fall admission is June 15 while that of the Spring admission is October 15.